protecting images in standalone?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed May 9 12:01:51 EDT 2007

Recently, Robert Mann wrote:

> I am not having much luck getting pictures from a database,  so is there a
> way to protect images that you copy when you build a standalone? i.e. put
> them in a password protected folder or is there a way embed them right into
> the card, not link them to the file path, put actually place the image into
> the card?

Before you build the standalone, you can import images into a stack as image
objects:
File menu > Import As Control > Image File...

You can import images into custom properties and them display them in image
objects:
[import]
 set the myCoolImage of this cd to url ("binfile:" & imagePath)
[display]
 put the myCoolImage of this cd into img 1

But obviously anything displayed on screen can be copied simply using a
screen capture.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director