why does my popup menu works only in a function call?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed May 9 11:32:09 EDT 2007

Hello, I think I am still missing some rev basics.

I created a right click menu which is called in a mouseDown handler like
this (shortform):

On Mousedown

get mausMenue()

The function looks like this (shortform):

function mausMenue

popup stack "mausMenue"

This works like desired. But my first approach was like following:

On Mousedown

Send "mausMenue"

The handler looks like this (shortform):

on mausMenue

popup stack "mausMenue"

and this way my app freezes after the popup and cann only be killed with my
taskmanger.

I would like to understand, what the difference is and what my fault is why
the second approach doesn't work.

Any help appreciated

Tiemo