Browser functionality and data in a stack

Terry Vogelaar tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Wed May 9 09:47:43 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am happy with the new browser features the newest beta/release
candidate has. It can display HTML files, both online and offline.

But how about data in a stack? Suppose I have a field or a variable
containing XHTML with CSS. I cannot set the htmlText of a field to
that without losing layout elements.

I could setup the stack as CGI and navigate the browser to http://
127.0.0.1/form.cgi, but that is a lot of overhead.

A better workaround is to write the content to a text file and then
navigate the browser element to file:///Users/my/Desktop/
whatever.html. But it is still a workaround.

So I wonder: is there also a DIRECT way to do that?

Also, I understand that it is 'impossible' (yet) to edit text in the
browser :-) But what about form entries? Can the stack receive
feedback from the browser in any way?

Terry