Partition benefits . . .

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Tue May 8 09:44:25 EDT 2007

I agree.
External drives are very inexpensive now.
If you are running OS X you can even boot from an external drive.
You can buy a six-port Firewire hub for about $50 or daisy-chain over
60 drives.
When I install servers for small businesses I put the OS on an external
drive. That way, if the hosting server fails, the user can boot any of
the other computers from that external drive - and it automatically
becomes the server - with very limited client reconfiguration.
Paul Looney