A daft idea about using a printerserver to import video . . .

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat May 5 08:04:14 EDT 2007

On 5/5/07, Stephen Barncard <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com> wrote:

> Example. Got the kids' old G4 Cube. Nice headless server. Runs OS X.
> But the 250 gig drive I put in it will only max out at 120 gigs
> because of firmware limitations.

Isn't this just a simple partition problem. I've got two early beige G3's.
These couldn't see beyond 6 or  8GB (cant' remember it was so long ago) but
I have two large HDs in both. The HDs have a bunch of partitions on them for
various reason, but the first partition, with the OS is only 6/8 GB, the
rest of the partitions are much much bigger. They work fine.

The benefit of partitioning your HD is that you can keep a pristine copy of
the OS on the 2nd partition, along with a copy of your favourite Disc
maintenance program. Whenever you suspect that the disc needs repair, just
restart on the second partition and run the Disc repair program. About twice
as fast as finding the CD, restarting off the CD and running the program off
the CD.

HTH