Path problem with Standalone

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri May 4 14:41:09 EDT 2007

Joe,

In the case of a standalone, wouldn't you want the path to be as generic as
possible? Your end-users are not likely to have a "2.8.0-gm-4/" directory. I
haven't fiddled with this on Mac OS X, but I think Beta 7 has some
improvements in the standalone building, as well.

FWIW, the best way to handle ancillary files in standalones is, I think, to
load up the files as custom properties (they can be compressed) then at
runtime drop them wherever you want them to reside. This keeps the stack
self-contained and puts the needed files in a predictable location.