Crashes with 2.8.1 dp4

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Wed May 2 22:31:01 EDT 2007

Hi Jacque,

I'll take just one for example, but it happened to all of the player
objects:
In the Inspector, the source for player 1 was initially indicated
as: /Application/Revolution Studio/MusicFolder/Music1.aiff

But on subsequent openings of the Inspector, when things appeared not
to be going right, the number would be changed from 1 to 2; sometimes
from 2 to 3, depending on which player since there are a total of 9
of them. I did all sorts of diddling around changing from player 1 to
playerOne and the source to MusicOne.aiff and also changing the names
of the external files. There appears to be a line problem in the
listing of the sources for a sequence of player objects. A picture
would have been worth a thousand words. Sometimes I'd have to change
the numbers back to what they should be two or three times before
they seemed to "stick"; but on opening them again, later on, they'd
be screwed up again. Yes, real frustrating.

There is no question but that this is a bug.

With respect to the paths not being significant, I don't think that
is true, but with all of this confusion it was hard to tell.

TIA,

Joe Wilkins