Crashes with 2.8.1 dp4

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Wed May 2 21:14:39 EDT 2007

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the invite. I've participated in a couple of beta testing
programs before, but they had to do with graphics glitches. I'm not
sure I have the patience to endure RR's beta procedure. When I
reported a bug, they knew it was a bug and they acted on it, almost
immediately. Here it appears you have a fairly complicated process
that even necessitates "voting". Maybe it works for RR, but it seems
a bit much. Add to that the fact that I doubt you'd care to see the
volume of reports I'd probably pass along. I am VERY, VERY picky!

However, I do think that it would be a great idea to occasionally
publish a list of the known bugs so that we don't bat our heads,
fruitlessly, against stone walls. I can see that this might not be
something that RR would care to have circulated so publicly, though
the competitors  who might take advantage of that knowledge do not
seem to be very extensive.

Thanks,

Joe Wilkins