TARGET bug..please check

wouter wouter.abraham at scarlet.be
Tue May 1 18:35:38 EDT 2007

On 01 May 2007, at 22:07, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Whoops! Spoke too fast.
> Wouter, thanks for the 'focus on the target' but it doesn't work with
> the following stack.
> Check it out:
>
> put in the message box and hit return.
>
> go URL "http://www.gadgetplugins.com/chippstuff/TargetBUG2.rev"
>
> Turns out if there is a LIST field on a lower layer, the 'focus on the
> target' just doesn't work.
> I'll post to bugzilla.
>
> -Chipp

Hi again,

That is why I used "more or less".
The workaround I normally use to not let the updates by the engine
screw up
the intentions of a script (because this case is no real exception),
is to get "behind" those updates.
Something like this:

on closeField
   if the text of the target is not empty and the text of the target
is not a number then
     beep
     put the id of the target into tTarId
     answer "Please enter a number."
     --  the amount of millisecs may be related to processor speed
     send "epilogue" && tTarId to me in 10 millisecs
   end if
end closeField

on epilogue x
   focus on control id x
   select text of control id x
end epilogue

ps: and in this particular case I would add an exitfield handler

Greetings,
Wouter