is a date broke?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 17:26:02 EDT 2007

I guess I would start with a couple assumptions:

filter with "*/*/*" --> is not empty

collect a string that contains only the valid date chars "/-0123456789"

decide if spaces end the loop (eg word 1, 2, 3)
--perhaps repeat for each word WRD
--until at least "d/d/dd" was found, then exit repeat

or
replace "-" with "/" in input
?? replace " " with empty in input
set the itemdel to "/"
check word -1 of item 1 of input
try
  put word -1 of item 1 of input * 1 into mmm
 catch
  answer "invalid month entry"
  exit to top
end try
try
  put word 1 of item 3 of input * 1 into yyy

catch
  answer "invalid year entry"
  exit to top

end try

etc.... depends on what you will allow, and also consider European date
order.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas