From Planet Bizarre!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 31 15:01:22 EDT 2007

Jeff Reynolds wrote:
> ROTGL!!!!!!
>
> you guys have my phone tapped!
>
> I thought the old "open a new window", "ok just a second the window is
> in the next room" was an urban myth till i had it said to me last year
> while trying to work out a problem on someone's windoz system via phone...

The part I left out is that the novice is my 87 year old mother who has
never been in front of a computer until a few weeks ago.

"Now Mom, just don't do anything until I tell you to."
"All right dear."
"See that box with the words?"
"Yes. Just a minute, let me get rid of this thing."
"Don't click till I tell you!"
"Don't holler at me."
"I'm not hollering at you, I'm just excited."
"You are too hollering at me."
"I AM NOT HOLLERING AT YOU!!"
"Well, I've got a message here."
"A message? What's it say?"
"New Window, New Tab..."
"That's not a message Mom, that's a menu. What program are you in, anyway?"
"Firebox."
"Firefox."
"That's what I said."

On the other hand, she called me all excited one night to say that she
went to "the yahoo" by herself. It's progress.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com