[ANN] "Imagedata Toolkit Preview 3" released

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Mar 30 20:38:29 EDT 2007

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
 > I have just uploaded the interim version "Imagedata Toolkit Preview 3" to
 > <http://www.sanke.org/Software/ImagedataToolkitPreview3.zip> .
 > This is the version with which the images of  the "Preview Gallery"
 > <http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia/PreviewToolkit3.htm>
 > were created.

Aloha, Wilhelm:

Well this is certainly very, very impressive.   It will be interesting
to see how this runs on my new 17 in Intel MacBook Pro...

Only one problem: My photo processing needs are rather "prosaic" as
I'm working in a production environment where I have to take
a lot of incoming Digital camera images and do a simply chore:

1) downsize for web, bicubic (now available by setting the imageQuality
setting
and I've tested and it really works, quality is tops)
2) run auto levels
3) unsharp mask to a prespecified set of values.

I would rarely, if ever use any of the "art" functions of your suite.
typically our needs will use the image data from image pretty much
unchanged other than to resize and prep for the web or galleries or
create a trio of versions thumbs, medium, hi res versions. Unsharp mask
is pretty much a must for any web delivery (small amount, but just the right
amount)

Right now I usie  droplets to drive Adobe's ImageReady, but I would really
love to be able to do this from inside revolution. But your interface
is a bit daunting and I'm not sure how I can extract a small subset
of functions from your tool kit to set up a lean automated work flow.

I'll look into the scripts and see if there is any way to ferret out
extraction
of specific routines... but any advice you have before I start hacking
this thing will not doubt be useful.

It certainly is encouraging that this is now even possible (I was going to
start cracking open the docs on Core Image , but not looking forward to it)

Sivakatirswami