main stack and substack questions

Robert Mann robmann at gp-racing.com
Fri Mar 30 17:50:40 EDT 2007

Thanks,
But I would like to click a button in substack 1 to open substack 2 and when
I click the button pass name of substack 1 and the card name that is
currently open to substack 2 so that I am able to get info from flds within
open card in substack 1, I hope this explains it better?

Thanks
Rob

> Second question
>
> If I open a substack from substack how do I pass the card name and stack
> name as a variable to replace "view_valving" and "insertvalving" in the
> following code?
>
> put fld "newrecord_id" of card "view_valving" of stack "insertvalving"
into
> fld "record_id"

put "otherCardName" into tCardName
put "otherStackName" into tStackName
put fld "newrecord_id" of card tCardName of stack tStackName into fld
"record_id"

Cheers,
Sarah
preferences: