exportscripts.rev

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 11:22:49 EDT 2007

Just a few comments that I know about:

> In Revolution script editor I can't print tabs
Yes, the tab key is used to run the 'reformat script' so you can only use
tabs after comments, if you paste from another editor.

> find an replace using regular expressions,
If a stack is the frontmost window, try Edit:Find and replace
You have a powerful combination of options, including RegEx, targeting
stacks, scripts, names, and more.  Look at the drop downs for a few
surprises. You can even remove lines from the hit listing so some items
won't be included in the replace operation.

I know this is not the same way of using RegEx you are thinking of.  I copy
and paste the single script into BBEdit to do RegEx there.

>When pasting portions
> of script from formatted text outside RevIDE (web page, etc...), it does not
> adopt fonts to script's font settings and you have to adjust font sizes
> manually again and again, etc...
I use BBEdit on the Mac and this does not put formatted text onto the
clipboard, so pasting is plain text.  If you can copy 'as plain text' from
your editor, then the fonts will remain uniform.  The script editor window
is just a field in a good ol' Rev stack, so it behaves like a field.  you
could have a back script that does the following:
put the script of <object> into holder
set the script of <object> to empty
set the script of <object> to holder

>tabbed browsing in a single window
=> Galaxy by Jerry Daniels
or my method of putting almost every script in the stack script so all
handlers are in one container.

Most every button, field, scroll  has the same script
on mouseup
do the short name of me
end mouseup

on mousedown
do (the short name of me & "Down")
end mousedown
--------- stack script
on btnFelix
on btnFelixDown

Just more ideas as we all go down different paths.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas