trying to replace perl cgi with rev

wayne durden wdurden at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 07:37:44 EDT 2007

Hi everyone!  Just wondering offhand if anyone has an already done cgi that
accepts a single email address line from a form and adds it to a text file?
One that finds it and deletes the line from the text file would be great for
managing the unsubscribe part too.

I am replacing perl cgi's and have found the process somewhat frustrating.
No matter how simple the tasks are, it seems there are an abundance of
places to make simple mistakes and very little feedback from the server
letting me know where I have goofed this time.  This lies somewhere between
the examples in Jaqueline's excellent tutorial.  It would seem to be just a
hair north of the visitor counter and far south of the stack database, but
despite getting both those working in a flash, this is giving me a
headache.  I don't want anyone to cook one up fresh for me, I can wade
through the process eventually.  I also need the list of lines in a text
file, not a stack.  If I have one that is working somewhere else, it cuts
down the combinatorial madness of isolating where the errors are (i.e.
permissions, form action, etc....).

Thanks to anyone, if you have one to share.

Wayne