Newbie Question

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Mar 28 10:57:36 EDT 2007

Welcome, Simon.

On Mar 28, 2007, at 2:54 AM, Simon HARPER wrote:

> Thanks for this, and it's much appreciated.
>
> Regarding the online dictionary, it seems to be different on the
> mac - the tutorials suggest you can use a drill down approach
> looking for say messages or commands and then locating the one you
> want (serendipitous browse) however on my mac I seem to only be
> presented with just a huge list and expected to know the name of
> the command I want (targeted search). Is there anyway to get the
> browse facility?

The search facility is more of a filter search. It will search the
glossary, dictionary, and getting started docs and will match any
entry in which the search term occurs. So a good strategy is to
search on a term you think describes the functionality you want to
implement. Most likely you will find something that will lead you to
what you need.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay