How to tell if a stack has been edited

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Mar 28 01:50:12 EDT 2007

Hi Sarah,

How is the data stored? In fields, custom props, ???

I'm thinking you might have to detect changes from messages fired (e.g.
closeField) but I would love to be wrong.

I suppose you could get the md5digest of the stackfile at preopenstack time and
store it in a global; then at closeStackRequest time you could do it again
and... naaah, that assumes the stack was saved along the way.

Is there some kind of equivalent way to see if in-memory stuff has changed? I
guess that's your basic question, isn't it?

Hmmm. This is less easy than one might wish. :o)  Please do tell us if you find
a way.

Phil Davis