Methodology forprogramming challenge

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 27 17:34:08 EDT 2007

Why not as Ken suggest use imageSource (htmlText/whatever) but use a fixed
line height in combination with identically sized images which either
represent all or part of an icon depending on the size/height of that icon.
So if you have a tall icon - say three units high - you use three lines each
with a different imageSource character.

Terry...

On 28/3/07 3:00 AM, "use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com"
<use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> From: Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com>
> Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:12:34 -0500
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Methodology forprogramming challenge

>>> Could you use imageSource elements in a field, and adjust their
>>> location using textShift? That way you'd still have "text"
>>> selectability... it'd still be a bear to manage, but not as bad as
>>> buttons...
>>
>> I don't think textshift allows multiple symbols to be stacked
>> vertically within the same character space -- but maybe I don't
>> understand what you mean.
>
> Actually I was thinking that each line would hold a different
> character, adjusted up or down accordingly. For those places where one
> large character would take up two lines, the line above would be empty
> to give the appearance that they're stacked on top of each other. A lot
> of work, granted, but it's possible...
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com

Dr Terry Judd
Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Parkville VIC 3052
AUSTRALIA

61-3 8344 0187