"unknown publisher" under Windows Vista

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 13:03:44 EDT 2007

After building my standalone, which is sort of a launcher app for my
main installer, and running it under Windows Vista, I get the
security warning that tells me the publisher for the exe is unknown.
Anyone know how I can make it "known"? As far as I can tell, I've
filled in all the pertinent information in the standalone builder,
but nothing seems to take care of the problem. I noticed that Rev's
latest installer does not produce this warning, as the publisher
appears to be "known". I've looked at the properties for my exe and
for the Rev installer and, as far as I can tell, they've both got the
same information. Theirs produces the normal "A program needs your
permissions to continue" dialog, while mean produces a "An
unidentified program wants access to your computer" dialog.

Anyone run into this? I get this warning with other applications I
use, mostly those that are older and haven't yet been updated for Vista.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally