error in function handler revPaletteObjects

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 09:14:10 EDT 2007

On 3/22/07, Ralf Bitter <rabit at dimensionb.de> wrote:

> the cCurrentObject  property is set on openField.
> If you make a copy of your stack and move it to
> another directory the property will not be updated
> because of the following line in the revPaletteObjects function:
>
> "if the cCurrentObject of the target is not empty then return the
> cCurrentObject of the target"

Thanks Ralf for taking the time to reply.

It still begs the question as to what are the likely ramifications of having
cCurrentObject store the 'old' file path rather than the current file path?
I notice 'archiving' features in programs such as Galaxy don't seem to do
anything special, all the current 'archives' I have the cCurrentObject
doesn't point to the archive file, but to the 'working' file.

Also, my assumption that at some stage cCurrentObject must be updated at
some stage (have no idea when) is based on the fact that, as mentioned
earlier I start my scripting day by duplicating the project I'm working on
and giving it a new version number. As I look back at some of those, most,
but not all have cCurrentObject that reflect their proper file path.

I wouldn't normally worry too much about this as my stacks are working fine,
but I'm just starting to see some strange behaviour in the Variable Watcher
since 2.8.0 gm3.

Thanks