Bug in "the folders"?

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 05:14:06 EDT 2007

Dear Sivakatirswami

For what its worth:

On Mac OS X all sorts of things go wrong when one uses
folders with spaces (either leading or otherwise) in
their names.

It was impossible to install the RunRev Beta tests
into any folders with spaces in their names (Mac OS
10.4.8)

So, how much of this is RunRev in itself, and how much
this is something to do with the operating system I
wouldn't like to say.

Having said that, I just made a stack with one button
with the script:

on mouseUp
  create folder "   THREESPACES"
  set the defaultFolder to (the defaultFolder & "/" &
"   THREESPACES")
  export snapShot to file "Test.jpg" as JPEG
end mouseUp

AND, surprise, surprise:

it made me a folder inside my RR folder called "
THREESPACES"
and after I selected my area to be "snapped" it saved
the "Test.jpg" inside that folder!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.