having to help Rev (was: Re: Memory Leak on export png????)

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Mar 22 16:17:57 EDT 2007

Richard,

I typically hate to post 'me too' posts, but I have to agree with your most
thorough analysis of this problem. While I haven't used the engine yet for
10 years, I have logged quite a number of hours and commercial project
releases with it. I've never had a problem with memory leaks. I believe I do
have some of the more graphical applications in development. ButtonGadget
and ButtonGaget2, close to 5 years old and 1000's of commercial sales on
both Mac and PC, has never had a single report of memory leakage-- nor for
that matter random crashing.

Hemingway PC, our content management system, stays open for weeks at a time
without any problems. Same is true for our Enterprise development apps. We
recently finished a product which was shipped in over 1 million devices and
we expect no problems. I could go on and on, but you get my point.

I'd *MUCH RATHER* RunRev focus their efforts on know bugs, feature additions
and customer support than start running down this particular rabbit trail.

Thanks for your eloquent post on this subject.

best,
Chipp