Switching from one stack to another

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Wed Mar 21 15:27:41 EDT 2007

Hello again.  I've run into another little stumbling block as I build
this application.

As I have mentioned before, I have an authorization stack which does
just what it says.  Once a user is authorized, I want to launch the
"real" stack and get rid of the authorization stack.

So far I seem to be able to "go stack URL "http....." which opens up the
new (bigger) application.  The problem is the authorization stack is
still there in the background (and on the taskbar).  I thought I would
get smart and open the new stack in the window of the authorization
stack.  The problem here is that the stack doesn't expand (and I can't
seem to expand it with script).  Also the title bar reflects the name of
the authorization stack, not the application stack.  It also seems that
any stack references are to the authorization stack, not the app stack
that is running INSIDE the auth stack.

Can someone explain what happens when you open one stack in the window
of another.  Is this the right approach or should I open the new stack
and then somehow kill the calling stack from there?

Thanks as always!

Len Morgan