waiting 5 months for Monterey DVD

Bernard Devlin revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Wed Mar 21 08:26:17 EDT 2007

In October 2006 RunRev had a promotional offer - renew your license
and get the Monterey DVD for half-price.  Because of my back problem,
it's hard for me to travel, and I'd been considering buying that DVD
for a while.  So I took them up on the offer, even though my license
for Revolution did not expire until March 2007.

After 10 weeks of waiting (and numerous emails), I gave up on
receiving the DVD and asked for a refund.  I was told they would give
me a refund for the cost of the DVD, but another four weeks passed
and I still didn't receive the DVD or the refund, so I asked a second
time for a refund.  The refund eventually took place and by way of
apology, I was told I would receive the DVD anyway in a week or so.
That was 5 weeks ago, and still no DVD.

I remember some years ago there was some disaster with users
purchasing printed docs that took months to arrive, and there have
been other printing let-downs.  I specifically decided against buying
the printed docs following those disasters.  But I fail to see how
any of the excuses made for printing disasters in the past can apply
to the copying of a DVD.  Even worse, runrev seem to have no ability
to set customers' expectations about delays - not once did they take
the initiative and inform me that there was going to be some delay.
In the same 5 month period I've bought over 20 items online from
different suppliers - some even being sent from the US to the UK.
All were received within the time specified, and in every case the
communications were faultless.  It looks to me like Runrev are so
used to money just rolling in from license renewals that they give no
consideration to maintaining good customer relations.  A couple of
times during this period I emailed the CEO to let him know how
disastrous their customer relations are.  It didn't make any
difference, although one time he was kind enough to actually reply.

I've given up on the empty promises from runrev, so I'm writing to
see if others share my experience.  Am I the only person to be
waiting 5 months for this DVD?

It's a shame.  The value of Revolution as a development tool and the
amazing assistance of the users of this group is marred by the
incompetence of Runrev the company.   Whilst I've been waiting for
this DVD, Runrev invited me to pay for and endure an 800 mile round-
trip to visit their offices to attend a user group, but they can't
get their basic customer relations right.   Clearly their priorities
are totally off-course.   And if they can't copy and mail a DVD, I
don't think anyone should expect them to be able to organize any
future RevCon.

Bernard