Memory Leak on export png????

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Mar 20 12:05:58 EDT 2007

Hi,

This is the kind of thing I was experiencing. I think there may be
two related problems, although one may cause the other. When I tested
it, it would run up to file 288 and not write file 289. I then
started it at file 289 and it would go wrong on the first file.
e.g. change your loop to read like this:

put   <WHATEVER>  into myStartOffset
repeat with x =  (1 + myStartOffset) to (1000 + myStartOffset)

and see what happens.

With my image I see 1.8 GB allocated to RunRev over 1000 iterations.
I am only running at a quarter of the frame size needed in the real
app so my limit is going to be around 250 frames, this is not good
enough for my demo where I am going to need 3000 frames minimum.

I've just tried it on a PowerPC (Mac Mini) Running Panther and it
still leaks. I am just installing Tiger on that machine and will see
what happens then.

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave