Opening a new stack from the current stack

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Tue Mar 20 10:27:57 EDT 2007

I have a program I'm working on the has an "authorization" stack where a
username and password are entered and then if they are ok, will load
another stack that has the actual application.  I think I got it to work
once (in other words, it loaded and brought to the front) but haven't
been able to do it again.  This is failing in the IDE.  Eventually I
want to run the authorization app with stackRunner but right now, I
can't get SR to connect to the database of usernames/passwords/profiles.

The other little issue I have is that the one time the "big" app loaded
the authorization stack (which is very small) stayed on (behind the new
stack).  Is there anyway I can close the authorization stack once the
new main app stack is open?  I understand that the auth stack is what's
when the app is done, it has nowhere to return to.

One last little hitch, I'm trying to load all of my stacks via URLs.
They are not going to be local to the workstations.  Only stackRunner
will be loaded on the workstations.

Thanks for any guidance!

len morgan