MatchText, MatchChunk and the needle in the haystack

Bryan McCormick bryan at deepfoo.com
Mon Mar 19 13:49:34 EDT 2007

Dave,

Sadly it does not impact the outcome. Mind you I tried it just in case.

I have played with all the vars that I can think of and it does nothing.
It does not even appear to matter (as I thought) if there are multiple
months (i.e "-Jan-") of the same type in a row (thought it might be
finding the first and missing the others somehow, but no), it doesn't
matter if the date is of xx-Month-xx, or x-Month-XX, nor does it matter
the order or how often these appear in the string and it doesn't seem to
matter how long or short the record or the file happens to be.

It should work as far as I can see. I am stumped at this point. It is an
error for sure (on my end) it is just really subtle it seems. Or it will
be until someone points the magic finger and says "here it is you idiot"!