Linux-specific technical problems

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Fri Mar 16 13:58:08 EDT 2007

Don wrote:

>If he is opening the ps file in a text editor, he might want to check what
text encoding the editor is using. He probably needs it to be set to
WindowsLatin1 or Western European 8859-1 or Western European 1250. These all
seem to work for me, but his system and printer may be different.

Before copying the Portuguese text from the Ubuntu Text Editor into the field of the Rev stack, I have tried altering the "Set Language" option (Text Editor) by changing from English (American) to Portuguese (Brazilian). The appearance of the text in the Rev field is exactly the same, and it still fails to produce a correct PS file.

>Bob,
Send the file directly to me, but if you can, zip it first to prevent any
encoding changes by the email program.

As I told Jacqueline, I'm not an expert, but I have had some success. Fonts
are definitely the hardest part.