Passing by Reference?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Mar 15 11:19:12 EDT 2007

On Mar 15, 2007, at 8:00 AM, Dave wrote:

> On 15 Mar 2007, at 14:23, Trevor DeVore wrote:
>
>> On Mar 15, 2007, at 4:59 AM, Dave wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know away around this or do I have to abandon my idea
>>> and have two separate GetXY functions?
>>
>> I suppose you could pass false instead of empty and check for that.
>
> I don't think this would work either. Wouldn't :
>
> get GetXY(theDocRef,false,myYValue)
>
> by the same as:
>
> put false into myXValue
> get GetXY(theDocRef, myXValue,myYValue)

What I was thinking is that you can pass false for theXValue/
theYValue if you wanted the function to act as if those parameters
weren't passed.  Passing empty would mean you passed in an empty
value.  With Rev you have to pass a variable as the parameter when
passing by reference.  Looking at your first post it doesn't even
look like the get code

get PDFGetXY(theDocumentRef,empty, empty)

would execute without an error.  Does it work on your end?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems
trevor at bluemangolearning.com