Detecting Browser Page on Windows/Linux

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Mar 15 02:05:36 EDT 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:56:12 -0700, Joseph Martinez wrote:

> That's great, thanks.  I will take me a bit to wrap my brain around this but
> my understanding is then that you use a rev script to activate the VBS
> script that resides in a text document, and that returns a list of URLs.
> Would it also return the names/titles of the open pages?

Sure!

Here's the VBS:

Set objApps = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
tReturnVal = ""
For Each objApp in objApps.Windows
  If (objApp.Name = "Windows Internet Explorer") or
(objApp.Name="Microsoft Internet Explorer") then
    If objApp.LocationURL <> "" Then
      If tReturnVal = "" Then
         tReturnVal = objApp.LocationName
      Else
         tReturnVal = tReturnVal & vbCrLf & objApp.LocationName
      End If
    End If
  End If
Next
WScript.Echo tReturnVal

After you call it using my tip, the returned value from the function
stsDoVBS() will contain your data...

Enjoy!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.