Stadalone Icons

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Wed Mar 14 02:30:34 EDT 2007

Hello Karen,
In the Standalone Applications Settings window there is a place to
select the application icon.

In OSX I find that the icon resource(s) (.icns file that you should
have created with iconBuilder) is not always placed into the bundle
when the standalone is built. They are easy to copy in by hand,
fortunately.

Right (Control) click the application bundle and choose "Show Package
Contents"

Open the "Contents" folder  and copy your .icns file into the
"Resources" folder.

In order to make the Operating System update the icon I find the
easiest method is to "Duplicate" the application in the "Finder" and
the duplicate will then have the correct icon.

If you aren't building for OSX then let us know what platform.

-Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust !)
web     http://elementarysoftware.com/