Linux-specific technical problems

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 04:20:42 EDT 2007

A lot of the problem is communication.

Linux is still on 2.6.1, unable to open current format stacks, no altsqlite,
no altbrowser or altfont.  No Valentina of course.  No Media. Meanwhile the
other platforms have moved on a couple of releases.  The last post on the
forums was November, saying the beta for Linux (that was 2.7.x) was coming
soon.  Since then silence.

There may be very reasonable explanations, but the worry which the total lack
of communication raises is that this could turn into an orphaned platform.

So please, guys, tell us what is going on!  If it is only to say, this is all
far more difficult than we had thought, and we really don't know what to do
next, and we can't give any dates right now.  I hope it isn't as bad as that,
but if it is, it it would be preferable to know.

Peter