Linux-specific technical problems

Don Jungk linux at flippingdades.com
Mon Mar 12 21:23:25 EDT 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007 10:56 am, Bob Warren wrote:

>-- 1. In Rev Linux 2.6.1, can foreign symbols (with accents) be printed on
> the printer or not?

Hi Bob,
I may not be of much help, I have two ideas.
I downloaded the 30 day trial of Rev for Linux, but have not had time yet to
work with it. If you want to send me the stack, I will try to run it and
print to my HP Laser printer.

Second idea - If Rev sends a Postscript file to the printer (and not a bitmap
of the page) can you write the PS to disk and look at the file in a text
editor. You may be able to see if the problem is in the string of text in the
file or in the font encoding part of the PS file.

I actually downloaded Rev because of Linux printing problems with REALBasic,
which I have used for 5 years. And I live in a Spanish speaking country, so
printing with accents is of interest to me also.

Don Jungk