concatenating with the ampersand

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Mar 11 17:59:17 EDT 2007

I would use the term 'parentheses'            get shmengie(200+56)

not 'brackets'.

Yes, very useful for clarity, defining order of execution, and
reducing confusion for the compiler.

Brackets [ ] are used to define array keys        shmengie[item1]

array keys cannot be evaluated inside the brackets

  shmengie[200+2]   won't work correctly

this might work but be hard to trace.

  shmengie[(200+2)] but I haven't tested.

sqb