Potential disaster for Rev/Linux pendrive apps

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Fri Mar 9 12:22:34 EST 2007

When I get emotional, my grammar goes to the dogs. I should have said
this in my last post:

"Time has passed, April 19th (the date for launching Ubuntu Feisty Fawn)
is getting closer, and still there is no report from Ubuntu as to
whether this is a bug or a feature."

Now the next question. Would Rev/Linux apps run from a U3 Smart Drive? I
don't know nuffin about the subject, but I am about to acquire a 2GB
drive in the near future, and I would like to make sure it is
appropriate for my purposes.

And now the next question. If Rev apps no longer ran directly from the
Desktop in Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (Live CD), I might find it easy to believe
that some kind of security considerations were involved with this issue,
but that is not the case. They still run from the HD with no problems.
So if they actually do run from a U3 Smart Drive, is this whole thing
more related to security issues, or to the promotion of U3 drives in
preference to common ones? Or both?

No doubt those of you with more experience of these things can throw a
little light on the subject.

Bob