MySQL has gone away

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Thu Mar 8 17:47:08 EST 2007

this is more likely about the SQL server timeouts -- the server end,
not your end. Some ISPs put short timeouts on their servers.

Even Dreamhost will drop after a few hours. I built a 'send in time'
routine to ping the server every 3600 seconds to keep it alive. It
basically calls itself forever until the app stops or it is told to
stop. Works great.