Moving a File

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Mar 8 11:09:15 EST 2007

On 8 Mar 2007, at 15:37, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Dave wrote:
>> On 7 Mar 2007, at 18:14, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>> One advantage to entering the report yourself is that you will
>>> get  emails as your bug progresses through the system so that you
>>> are  kept informed. If an RR employee enters the bug for for you,
>>> they  will get the emails instead. Another reason to enter it
>>> yourself is  that the report will be filed immediately. If the
>>> support team does  it for you, it may wait in a queue until
>>> someone has time to enter  it. Eventually it will get entered
>>> though.
>> I'll enter it as soon as I can log on. My point is that for a 5
>> minute job of changing the docs is greatly extended thus wasting
>> resources.
>
> It took me less than a minute to copy-and-paste your last
> suggestions into a new BZ report.

I wasn't so much thinking how long it would take me to fill in the
report, as I've said over and over again I'll fill it out once I get
home at the weekend.

I was more thinking about the others that would waste time
considering whether or not to vote for it, plus the wasted time for
the people at RunRev to look at it in the database and schedule it in
or whatever they do, when in this and other cases like it (of which
there are quite a few) where all that is needed is a few lines added
to a text file and it doesn't affect the main RR application then it
could just be done there are then, thus cutting out a lot of needless
red tape. This would also have the benefit that the online help would
more helpful more quickly and also help to show that things were
improving.

> Anything beyond that, like the hour+ you've spent here on this one,
> is your own choice.

Yes, I agree, my own choice and thank you for recognizing that choice.

All the Best
Dave