Warnings: (was) Moving a File

Martin Baxter mb.userev at harbourhosting.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 11:44:13 EST 2007

Mark Wieder wrote:
> Dave-
>
> Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 1:27:26 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Caution: Being near an H Bomb Explosion can cause slight discomfort!
>
> I just bought a new French press coffee pot this weekend, and one of
> the warnings inscribed on it is "children and hot liquids should be
> kept apart"...

It's nice to see a product warning that has a measured and human tone.

Compare with the box of matches in my kitchen...

STORE IN A DRY PLACE
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN

Storing in a dry place is a good idea in most cases I would imagine, but
only a small minority of children are too dangerous to approach.

Martin Baxter