Revolution, Linux and Valentina

Kirill Pekarov kirill_pekarov at valentina-db.com
Wed Mar 7 10:24:00 EST 2007

Hi, All.

We almost done creating externals for Revolution under Linux.

I must say special thank to Chris Bohnert<chris at altuit.com> and
Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> for the help.

But, what next do with it?

Current Revolution 2.7.4 can't build a binaries for the Linux platform
from Mac or Windows, or may be I'm wrong?

Under Linux current release is 2.6.1, that not compatible
with 2.7 by stack-file format.

The questions is next:
   Is in this list present developers that develop for all three
platforms(Mac, Linux, Windows)?

   And how you resolve version differences of Revolution?
Use 2.6 on all platforms and build application on Linux by move stack
file to it? Or just work in the Linux?

The next questions to the Revolution team:
    When you planed release 2.7( or already 2.8 ) under Linux?

    Is in the 2.8 will be possibility to build standalone for Linux
    from Mac or Win?

Thank!

--
Best regards,