Potential disaster for Rev/Linux pendrive apps

Rishi Viner rishi at puredata.com.au
Wed Mar 7 00:15:57 EST 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 06:02, Bob Warren wrote:

> I have tried running Rev from my pendrive using xterm in Feisty Fawn
> Flight 5 on a live CD. Here is the result:
>
> ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ /media/KINGSTON/Revolution/revolution.x86
> bash: /media/KINGSTON/Revolution/revolution.x86: Permission denied
> ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ sudo /media/KINGSTON/Revolution/revolution.x86
> sudo: unable to execute /media/KINGSTON/Revolution/revolution.x86:
> Permission denied
> ubuntu at ubuntu:~$

Hmmm, has ubuntu changed the default permissions given to pendrives when they
are mounted? Do you have executable rights on that file? (ls -la) If not, try
changing the permissions on the file on the pendrive and try again. If this
is the problem, you will have to dig deeper and change the defaults for
mounting pendrives so that you do have executable rights.

Hope this helps,

Rishi.