Build external on Linux

chris bohnert chris at altuit.com
Tue Mar 6 18:45:27 EST 2007

Kirill,

Something along the lines of:

#ifdef X11
int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[])
{
  int retval;
  if (!X_init(argc, argv, envp, Xtable, Xname))
    exit(-1);
  X_main_loop();
  retval = X_close();
  return(retval);
}
#endif

should do the trick.  Without this your external will compile..but when you
try 'put the externalCommands' or 'put the externalFunctions' they'll both
be empty.

Also, you'll want to be sure to include a -I/(the path to your X11 include
dir for your distro)

-HTH

--
cb