Moving a File

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Mar 6 12:51:15 EST 2007

Me too! I really couldn't believe it when it actually deleted the
file though. I test everything to do with files *throughly* on a
separate system, cos you can't trust the documents and some of the
commands do some *really* strange things and not what their names
imply at all!

I just can't see how the original programmers thought processes
worked on this one. Lets make a command called "rename" that can be
used as a "move" command and allow it to delete the destination file.
Why? What possible reason could there be for this? Especially since
there are commands already that specifically delete files. Then to
not let the person that was doing documentation know that it could
overwrite files? What's that all about? It's just beyond me!

Take Care
All the Best
Dave