This should be simple!!!

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue Mar 6 10:28:48 EST 2007

Len,

globals must be declared to be used.
You need to declare that global in both the script that sets the
hilite and also the script that has that if clause. In situations
like this, the debugger is your friend and it's good to use it to
explore variable values.

just go to the top line in the object script that contains those two
pieces of code and add

global gSaveInputPath

if this is not the case, then you're probably failing to set the
global in the first place, assure yourself with an answer call or the
debugger that the global is actually a global and that its value is
correct.

Andre