Pendingmessages

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 12:46:26 EST 2007

On 5 Mar 2007, at 16:25, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> There's a blocking form for uploading and downloading available in
> libURL, and in the last several versions includes callbacks so one
> can update a progress indicator or do other minor housekeeping.
> Would that help your situation?

I haven't quite grasped Richard's problem of the pendingMessages. But
I doubt it would make a difference whether using "blocking" or non-
blocking url routines. The so-called blocking routines are only
"script-blocking". i.e. they block the currently executing handler,
but will allow other asynchronous activity. (For example, clicking on
an active button during a download, or presumably executing anything
put on the pendingMessages queue before the "blocking" routine was
called.)

Generally, anything on the pendingMessages queue will execute during
an FTP file transfer, if it's due to be run at that time. Depending
on the message, it might interfere with the transfer. For example, a
long repeat that exceeds the socketTimeout interval.

Cheers
Dave