XP and Vista question

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Mon Mar 5 11:35:06 EST 2007

Chipp wrote:

 >Bob,

There's no way Mac can be #1 unless they allow others to sell
hardware. Too many companies can't rely on a single-source hardware
solution.

Hey Chipp, I think you're getting me mixed up with Joe.
Leaving hopes on one side, my own prediction for the state of the computer world's pecking order within the next few years is:

1. Microsoft
2. Linux (Ubuntu?)
3. Macintosh

If the Microsoft market share does (continue to) retract, it'll probably end up being used mainly by the richer sectors of the first-world countries (i.e. a minority of the world's computer users), but even that wouldn't happen overnight.

Bob