XP and Vista question

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Mar 2 21:57:19 EST 2007

On 3/2/07, Stephen Barncard <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com> wrote:
> Chipp, how can you say this? You and I know Jobs has called for the
> end of DRM on music; "the labels made him do it"  -- and thank god
> there's no DRM on the OSX installations

With Apple, there's no fair playing with other hardware. Buy Apple
software, be it music, applications, or even applications which run
only on Apple computers, and you're stuck with only Apple hardware. If
Jobs is so concerned about the end of DRM, why does he preclude anyone
else from playing (or licensing) his DRM? (Or licensing his Mac OSX?)

Hey, as I said, Apple's not the only bad guy in this. It's just I
can't get over how blindly patriotic Apple users are to the brand.
Brian, you're right about the term 'fanboy,' it is condescending, but
I don't know what else to use to describe it.

Even his latest invention, the iPhone has the same suite of problems.
>From what I hear, even developers can't write applications for it.
Sounds like the old TI-99 game console.

I suppose the reason is as Richard said, Apple has a decided economic
advantage by locking people into their standard. I
understand..capitalism at it's best. But, Stephen, just as long as we
aren't fooled into thinking there's any altruistic motives at play.