Can REV create Excel files?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Mar 2 18:21:28 EST 2007

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 10:55:20 -0800, Sadhunathan Nadesan wrote:

> Problem:
>
> This file will be "text" (fixed column width) which then has to be
> "imported" into Excel.  That works fine but it's extra steps for the
> user to go through the import process and set the column markers to do
> the imports (there are a lot of columns!).
>
> Solution:
>
> Anyone know of a plugin or feature in REV that will let us write out
> .xls files directly?

I tried this on a Mac and it worked well, so I'm hoping it works on XP
as well:

Can you just write out your tab delimited data to a file with an
extension of ".xls"? On a Mac, double-clicking it launches Excel and
opens it as if it were a "true" Excel worksheet...

Give it a try and see if it works! If so, it's the easiest solution. :-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/