move file to trash on windows

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Mar 2 11:26:20 EST 2007

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 11:10:58 +0100, Klaus Major wrote:

>> The reason I ask is that you mentioned you didn't want a VBS solution,
>
> Yep, I really dont want some anti-virus apps go berserk when I try to
> execute a VBS script on the customers computer, this is a no-go :-)
>
>> but the easiest way to attach a "normal" (i.e. non-Rev) DLL to
>> Revolution is through VBS... if you can use VBS for *this* purpose, it
>> might be possible to find a public domain DLL that will do it that can
>> be attached via VBS.
>
> What do you mean exactly?
>
> Programmed in VBS and then compiled into a DLL?
> Or to attach a ready DLL via a VBS? No way, see above ;-)

What I mean is that I ran into the same problem with "normal" VBS
files, where it would trigger antivirus software (primarily because it
was trying to do things with the FileSystem object and that is a
no-no). However I discovered that if I created a "normal" DLL (in my
case using Visual Basic 6.0) and then called it from a VBS script that
only connected to the DLL, executed a function in there, and then
returned the result to Rev, it wouldn't trigger virus software and it
meant that virtually any DLL written in any language could be used with
Rev.

Details are here:

  http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/ext002.htm

So my thought was that there might a public domain "normal" DLL out
there that did what you wanted (or could be created if necessary) and
then called from Rev through a VBS script wrapper.

Just a thought,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com