File transferring

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Fri Mar 2 09:55:29 EST 2007

I'll ask my original question about wireless connections and file
transferring a bit differently. Maybe this will spark some feedback.

Let's say our Rev app requests a file from the server (via a wireless
connection). It does this via "put url x into z".

1) The server gets the request and attempts to send the file back,
but the wireless connection drops out. How long does the "put"
command wait for a response and what should the program do if nothing
comes back? Also, what is the server's response to trying to send the
file but not being successful due to the bad connection?

2) Alternately, what happens if the program tries to send the "put"
command but the connection goes down then (i.e. it never reaches the
server)? How should the program respond then?

And finally, is there any good / sane reason to use LibURLResetAll in
the standalone or is that just looking for trouble.

Thanks.
Richard Miller
Imprinter Technologies