Key Speaker

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 16:01:48 EST 2007

Having been fairly rude last month about:

http://alphaomega.software.free.fr/keystrokespronouncer/Keystrokes%20Pronouncer.html

I have now "finished" my take on this one:

KEY SPEAKER (new version) is now 'Up' at RevOnline.

Go on, I dare you, download it and play with it!

HOWEVER . . . cannot get rawKeyDown codes for F14 and
F15 (which seems odd considering I can get one for
F16) - this is a pain.

The other thing that is seriously silly about KEY
SPEAKER is that it just spits out English names for
Latin letters for the associated keys - when, for
instance, I change over to a Cyrillic keyboard
mapping, it continues to burble at me with the English
names.

Would also like to be able to do something about the
volume control
buttons and the media eject.

All ideas gratefully received.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.